Rentaloka.com offers online apartment rent and cleaning services through its own websites and through other online platforms such as partners’ websites and social media. The information that follows applies to all of these platforms. Rentaloka.com may amend the Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time, so visit this page regularly to stay up to date. If you disagree with this Privacy and Cookies Policy, you should discontinue using our services.
What kind of personal information does Rentaloka.com use?
When you make a reservation, you’ll be asked for your name, address, telephone number, email address, payment details, the names of guests accompanying you and your preferences for your stay.
To make it easier to manage your reservations, you can open a member account. This allows you to save your personal settings, review previous bookings and manage future reservations through member portal.
When you visit our website, even if you don’t make a reservation, we may collect certain information, like your IP address, which browser you’re using, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. If you’re using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics, and latitude/longitude details. When you make a reservation, our system registers through which means and from which websites you’ve made your reservation.
We may also receive information about you when you use certain social media services.
Why does Rentaloka.com collect, use and share your personal data?
- Reservations: First and foremost, we use your personal data to complete and administer your on-line reservation and forward your reservation details to the accommodations you’ve booked.
- Customer Service: We provide international customer service 24/7 from our office. Sharing your details with our customer service staff allows us to respond when you need us – including helping you find appropriate apartments and responding to any questions you might have about your reservation.
- Guest Reviews: We use your contact information to invite you by email to write a guest review after your stay. This can help other people choose the apartments that suit them best.
- Account Administration: We offer a member account facility on our website. We use the information you give us to administer this, allowing you to manage your bookings, take advantage of special offers, make future reservations more easily and manage your personal settings. Managing personal settings allows you to keep and share lists, share photos, see accommodations you’ve searched for before, and see other information you’ve provided about accommodations and destinations. It also allows you to see any reviews you’ve submitted about places you’ve stayed in. If you want, you can share certain information in your user account by creating a public profile that’s associated with either your own first name or a screen name of your choice. The type of information you can share in this way includes your photo, the names of places you’ve stayed in, your lists, your plans for future trips, your reviews and other information about accommodations and destinations.
- Marketing Activities: We also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law. For example:
- When you make a reservation with us or set up a user account, we may use your contact information to send you news about similar or related apartment. With your consent—if consent is required under local law—we may also send you other regular newsletters by email. You can opt out, or unsubscribe, from our marketing communications at any time using the “Unsubscribe” link in each newsletter, or you can administer your subscriptions through your account (if you’ve created one).
- Based on the information you share with us, individualized offers may be shown to you on the Rentaloka.com website or on third-party websites, including social media sites. These might be offers that you can book directly on the Rentaloka.com website, or third-party offers or apartments we think you might find interesting.
- If we believe that a particular offer may be of interest to you, we may decide to contact you by phone or other text or chat application.
- Other Communications: There may be other times when we get in touch with you by email, traditional mail, phone or chat/text message, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
- We may need to respond to and handle requests you’ve made. Rentaloka.com also offers guests and accommodation partners various means to exchange information, requests, and comments about accommodations and existing reservations directed through Rentaloka.com. For more information, scroll down to read the section titled “How does Rentaloka.com process communication that you and your booked apartment unit might send through Rentaloka.com?”
- If you haven’t finalized a reservation online, we may email or text you a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe that this additional service is useful to you because it allows you to carry on with a reservation without having to search for the accommodations again or fill in all the reservation details from scratch.
- When you use our services, we may send you questionnaires or invite you to provide a review about your experience with Rentaloka.com.
- We may also send you other material related to your reservations, such as how to contact Rentaloka.com if you need assistance while you’re away, and information that we feel might be useful to you in planning your stay in our apartment. We may also send you material related to upcoming reservations or a summary of previous reservations you made through Rentaloka.com.
- Market Research: We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional personal details that you give us as part of the market research will only be used with your consent.
- Fraud Detection and Prevention: We may use personal data for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- Improving Our Services: Finally, we use personal data for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of our online apartment and services.
How does Rentaloka.com process communication that you and your booked accommodations might send through Rentaloka.com?
Rentaloka.com offers you and accommodation partners various means to communicate about accommodations and existing reservations directed through Rentaloka.com. You can contact Rentaloka.com with questions about your reservation or about your accommodation partners using the My Booking Page, and other channels that we may make available. Rentaloka.com may access such communications and may use automated systems to review, scan, and analyze communications for security purposes; fraud prevention; compliance with legal and regulatory requirements; investigations of potential misconduct; product development and improvement; research; customer engagement, including to provide you with information and offers that we believe may be of interest to you; and customer or technical support. We reserve the right to block the delivery of or review communications that we, at our sole discretion, believe may contain malicious content, spam, or may pose a risk to you, accommodation partners, Rentaloka.com, or others. Note, all communications sent or received using Rentaloka.com communication tools will be received and stored by Rentaloka.com. Business partners through whose platform you made the reservation and accommodation partners may choose to communicate with you directly using email or other channels that Rentaloka.com does not control.
How does Rentaloka.com use social media?
We use social media to promote our accommodation partners’ properties and to promote, improve and facilitate our own services. For example, we integrated social media plugins into the Rentaloka.com website. So, when you click on one of the buttons and register with your social media account, information is shared with your social media provider, and possibly presented on your social media profile to be shared with others in your network.
In addition to implementing these buttons, Rentaloka.com uses social media by maintaining accounts and offering promotions on several social media sites. These social media services may allow you to share information with Rentaloka.com. When you register with a social media app, you’ll be told which information will be shared with Rentaloka.com. The information you choose to share with us may include the basic information that’s available in your social media profile, email address, status updates and your list of friends. This information is necessary to create a unique user experience either in the app itself or on our websites. It facilitates things like personalizing our website to suit your needs, connecting you with your friends on travel destinations, and analyzing and enhancing our travel-related services.
We may also enable you to sign in to Rentaloka.com services with your social media accounts. Your social media provider will be able to tell you more about how they use and process your data in such cases.
How does Rentaloka.com share your data with third parties?
In certain circumstances, we may share your personal data with third parties.
- The Accommodations You Booked: In order to complete your reservation, we transfer relevant reservation details to the accommodations you’ve booked. This may include information such as your name, your contact details, your payment details, the names of guests traveling with you and any preferences you specified when making a booking. This information may also be used by Rentaloka.com or the accommodation providers to give you personalized offers related to the reservation. If you have a question about your reservation, we may contact the accommodation provider and ask them to handle your request. In cases of reservation-related disputes, we may provide the accommodation provider with information about the reservation process as needed. This may include a copy of your reservation confirmation as proof that a reservation was made.
- Your Local Rentaloka.com Office: In order to provide 24/7 service to our customers and support our local accommodation providers and distribution partners worldwide, your details are shared with local Rentaloka.com offices. More information about our local offices can be found under Office.
- Third-party Service Providers: We may use service providers (such as “data processors”) to process your personal data strictly on our behalf. This processing would be for purposes such as facilitating reservation payments, sending out marketing material or for analytical support services. These processors are bound by confidentiality clauses and are not allowed to use your personal data for their own purposes or any other purpose.
- Competent Authorities: We disclose personal data to law enforcement and other governmental authorities insofar as it is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud.
- Business Partners: We work with business partners around the world to distribute or advertise accommodations and to help our business partners distribute and advertise their travel-related services. These business partners may also include the Priceline corporate group, a group which includes Rentaloka.com. This may mean that their services are integrated into our website, they have been enabled to show you a customized advertisement, or the Rentaloka.com online apartment renting and services management are integrated into their websites and/or apps. When you make a reservation on one of our business partners’ websites or apps, certain personal data that you give them will be forwarded to us. If customer service is provided by the business partner, Rentaloka.com will share details relevant to your reservation with the business partners (as and when needed) in order to provide you with appropriate and efficient support. When you make a reservation through one of our business partners’ websites, the business partners may receive certain parts of your personal data from us related to the specific reservation. This is for their own internal purposes (such as analytical purposes) and, if requested by you, for the administration of loyalty programs or marketing. When you make a reservation on a business partners’ website, also take the time to read their privacy policies if you want to understand how these business partners may process your personal data. When we offer you other travel-related products and/or services, your information may be shared with the offering business partners to handle or administer your order. For fraud detection and prevention purposes, and as strictly necessary, we may also exchange information about our users with business partners.
How does Rentaloka.com use mobile devices?
We have only website for a variety of mobile devices that have been optimized for mobile. These mobile websites process the personal details you give us in much the same way as our website does – and they also allow you to use location services to find accommodations nearby. With your consent, we may send you push notifications with information about your reservation.
How does Rentaloka.com use guest reviews and other destination-related information you share with us?
After your stay at any accommodations booked through us, you’ll be invited to submit a guest review. This invite may ask for information about the accommodations, the surrounding areas, and the destination. If you don’t want to use your name with the review, you can use a screen name (which you can choose in your user account), or the review can be displayed on the website anonymously. By completing a guest review, you’re agreeing that it can be displayed (as described in detail in our Terms and Conditions) on, for example, the relevant accommodation information page on our websites, in our mobile apps, in our social media accounts and in social apps, or on the website of the relevant accommodations or our business partner’s website, to inform other travelers about the quality and services at the accommodations you stayed in.
If you indicate that a guest review was helpful—or not helpful—we’ll aggregate this with feedback from other customers in order to sort and prioritize guest reviews. We may use the information in your lists or in other destination-related information you share with us in anonymous form—unless you’ve included this information in your public profile—to help other apartment seekers find the right place to stay over nights.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data that is placed in the browser of your computer or on your mobile device. This Privacy and Cookies Policy applies to cookies and similar technologies (hereafter together referred to as “cookies”).
Why are cookies used?
Web pages have no memory. If you’re surfing from page to page within a website, you won’t be recognized as the same user across pages. Cookies allow you to be recognized as the same user across the pages of a website. Cookies also allow your choices to be remembered – choices such as the language you prefer, the currency you use and your search criteria. They will also make sure you’re recognized when you return to a website.
Do all cookies do the same thing?
No, there are different types of cookies and different ways of using them. Cookies can be categorized according to their function, their lifespan, and according to who places them on a website.
How are cookies used?
Our website uses the following types of cookies:
- Technical Cookies: We try to provide our visitors with an advanced and user-friendly website that adapts automatically to their needs and wishes. To achieve this, we use technical cookies to show you our website, to make it function correctly, to create your user account, to sign you in and to manage your bookings. These technical cookies are absolutely necessary for our website to function properly.
- Functional Cookies: We also use functional cookies to remember your preferences and help you use our website efficiently and effectively, for example, by remembering your preferred currency and language, your searches and the accommodations you viewed earlier. These functional cookies are not strictly necessary for the functioning of our website, but they add functionality for you and enhance your experience.
- Analytics Cookies: We use these cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use the website, to find out what works and what doesn’t, to optimize and improve our website and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather includes which web pages you’ve viewed, which referring/exit pages you’ve entered and left from, which platform type you’ve used, date and time stamp information, and details such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use and the text you type while using our website. We also use analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to learn how users interact with our website after they’ve been shown an online advertisement – which may include advertisements on third-party websites. However, we will not know who you are, and will only obtain anonymous data. Our business partners may also use analytical cookies to learn if their customers use accommodation offers integrated into their websites.
- Commercial Cookies: We use third-party cookies as well as our own to display personalized advertisements on our websites and on other websites. This is called “retargeting,” and it’s based on browsing activities, such as the destinations you’ve been searching for, the accommodations you’ve viewed and the prices you’ve been shown. Commercial cookies may also be used by select third parties to display their products and services through our website.
How long do Rentaloka.com cookies stay active?
The cookies we use have varying lifespans. The maximum lifespan we set on some is five years from your last visit to our website. You can erase cookies from your browser any time you want.
How can you recognize Rentaloka.com cookies?
You can find our cookies in your browser settings.
Does Rentaloka.com use third-party marketing and analytics cookies?
Yes, Rentaloka.com uses the services of trusted and recognized online advertising and marketing companies. Rentaloka.com may also use third-party providers for analytical purposes. To enable their services, these companies need to place cookies.
The providers we use are committed to building consumer awareness and establishing responsible business and data management practices and standards.
In order to control the collection of data for analytical purposes by Google Analytics, you may want to visit the following link: Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on (only for desktop).
In order to control the collection of data for analytical purposes by Yandex.Metrika (a tracking pixel owned by Russian search engine YANDEX), users with language settings in Russian, Ukrainian or Turkish may want to visit the following link: yandex.com. Yandex.Metrika is not used for users with any other languages. You also have an option to opt out from Yandex personalized advertisement. In order to do so, visit this page and uncheck the “Consider my interests” box.
Who has access to Rentaloka.com cookie data?
Only Rentaloka.com has access to Rentaloka.com cookies. Cookies placed by third parties can be accessed by these third parties.
How can you manage your cookie preferences?
Using your browser settings in, for example, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can set which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you find, these settings depend on which browser you use. Use the “Help” function in your browser to locate the settings you need.
If you choose not to accept certain cookies, you may not be able to use some functions on our website. However, we do not otherwise support “Do Not Track” browser settings. Opting out of an online advertising network does not mean that you will no longer receive or be subject to online advertising or marketing analysis. It means that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads customized to your web preferences and browsing patterns.
What security procedures does Rentaloka.com put in place to safeguard your personal data?
In accordance with European data protection laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access and the misuse of personal information.
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
Your credit card details—when they’re needed as part of the reservation process—are stored by us for a maximum of 10 days. After that, your credit card data will either be permanently deleted from our systems or will remain hashed in our system for fraud detection purposes. However, you may have opted to store your credit card details in your user account; in that case, your credit card details will be stored in hashed form, but without the last four digits of your credit card number.
The services offered by Rentaloka.com are not directed at children under 18 years old. The use of any of our services is only allowed with the valid consent of a parent or a guardian. If we receive information from a child under 18 years old, we reserve the right to delete it.
How can you control the personal data you’ve given to Rentaloka.com?
You always have the right to review the personal information we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing us at customer.service@Rentaloka.com. Please write “Request personal information” in the subject line of your email.
You can also contact us if you believe that the personal information we have for you is incorrect, if you believe that we are no longer entitled to use your personal data, if you have any other questions about how your personal information is used, or about this Privacy Statement. Email or write to us using the contact details below. We’ll handle your request in accordance with the applicable Dutch data protection law. You can delete your user account at any time by signing into your account on the Rentaloka.com website and choosing to remove your account.
Who’s responsible for the processing of personal data on the Rentaloka.com website?
Rentaloka.com controls the processing of personal data on its websites and mobile apps. Rentaloka.com is a private limited liability company, incorporated under the laws of Indonesia. If you have any suggestions or comments about this privacy notice, please send an email to cs@Rentaloka.com.
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions, as may be amended from time to time, apply to all our services directly or indirectly (through distributors) made available online, through any mobile device, by email or by telephone. By accessing, browsing and using our (mobile) website or any of our applications through whatever platform (hereafter collectively referred to as the “website”) and/or by completing a reservation, you acknowledge and agree to have read, understood and agreed to the Terms and Conditions set out below (including the privacy statement).
These pages, the content and infrastructure of these pages, and the online reservation service provided on these pages and through the website are owned, operated and provided by Rentaloka.com B.V. and are provided for your personal, non-commercial use only, subject to the Terms and Conditions set out below.
“Rentaloka.com,” “us,” “we” or “our” means Rentaloka.com, a limited liability company incorporated under the laws of Indonesia, and having its registered address Apartment Thamrin Residences, Grand Lobby, X / 1 / GH Unit, Jl. Thamrin Boulevard, Tanah Abang, Jakarta.
“Platform” means the (mobile) website on which the Service is made available owned, controlled, managed, maintained and/or hosted by Rentaloka.com.
“Service” means the online reservation service (including the facilitation of payments) of various products and services as from time to time made available by Suppliers on the Platform.
“Supplier” means the provider of accommodation (e.g. hotel, motel, apartment, bed & breakfast), (theme) parks, attractions, museums, sightseeing tours, cruises, rail and coach tours, transfers, tour operators, insurances, and any other travel or related product or service as from time to time available for reservation on the Platform.
1. Scope of Our Service
Through the Platform, we (Rentaloka.com and its affiliate (distribution) partners) provide an online platform through which Suppliers can advertise their products and service for reservation, and through which visitors to the Platform can make such reservations. By making a reservation through Rentaloka.com, you enter into a direct (legally binding) contractual relationship with the Supplier with which you make a reservation or purchase a product or service (as applicable). From the point at which you make your reservation, we act solely as an intermediary between you and the Supplier, transmitting the details of your reservation to the relevant Supplier(s) and sending you a confirmation email for and on behalf of the Supplier.
When rendering our services, the information that we disclose is based on the information provided to us by Suppliers. As such, the Suppliers are given access to an Extranet through which they are fully responsible for updating all rates, availability and other information which is displayed on our Platform. Although we will use reasonable skill and care in performing our services we will not verify if, and cannot guarantee that, all information is accurate, complete or correct, nor can we be held responsible for any errors (including manifest and typographical errors), any interruptions (whether due to any (temporary and/or partial) breakdown, repair, upgrade or maintenance of our Platform or otherwise), inaccurate, misleading or untrue information or non-delivery of information. Each Supplier remains responsible at all times for the accuracy, completeness and correctness of the (descriptive) information (including the rates and availability) displayed on our Platform. Our Platform does not constitute and should not be regarded as a recommendation or endorsement of the quality, service level, qualification or (star) rating of any Supplier (or its facilities, venue, products or services) made available.
Our Service is made available for personal and non-commercial use only. Therefore, you are not allowed to resell, deep-link, use, copy, monitor (e.g. spider, scrape), display, download or reproduce any content or information, software, reservations, tickets, products or services available on our Platform for any commercial or competitive activity or purpose.
2. Prices, Crossed-Out Rates and Best Price Guarantee
The prices on our Platform are highly competitive. All room prices are per room for your entire stay and all prices are displayed including VAT/sales tax and all other taxes (subject to change of such taxes), unless stated differently on our Platform or the confirmation email/ticket. Ticket prices are per person or group and subject to validity as indicated on the ticket, if applicable. Applicable fees and taxes (including tourist/city tax) may be charged by the Supplier in the event of a no-show or cancellation fee. Applicable taxes may be charged by the accommodation in the event of a no-show or cancellation fee.
Sometimes cheaper rates are available on our Platform for a specific stay, product or service, however, these rates made available by Suppliers may carry special restrictions and conditions, for example non-cancelable and non-refundable. Please check the relevant product, service and reservation conditions and details thoroughly for any such conditions prior to making your reservation.
The crossed-out rate shown for rooms is based on the third highest current price of the Supplier for your product or service with the same booking conditions in a 30-day window around your check-in date (15 days before and 15 days after check-in date; if less than 15 days are between today and the check-in date, we will use the corresponding number of days after the check-in date to result in a 30-day total). To ensure we are making a fair comparison, we always use the same reservation conditions (e.g. meal plan, cancellation policy and room type). This means that you get the same room for a lower price compared to other check-in dates at the same time of year.
We want you to pay the lowest price possible for your stay. Should you find your accommodation, with the same reservation conditions, at a lower rate on the Internet after you have made a reservation through us, we will match the difference between our rate and the lower rate under the terms and conditions of the Best Price Guarantee.
The currency converter is for information purposes only and should not be relied upon as accurate and real time; actual rates may vary.
Obvious errors and mistakes (including misprints) are not binding.
All special offers and promotions are marked as such.
3. Privacy and Cookies
Rentaloka.com respects your privacy. Please take a look at our Privacy and Cookies Policy for further information.
4. Free of Charge
Our Service is free of charge because, unlike many other parties, we will not charge you for our Service or add any additional (reservation) fees to the rate.
Suppliers pay a commission (being a small percentage of the product price (e.g. room price)) to Rentaloka.com after the end user has consummated the service or product of the Supplier or after the guest has stayed at (and paid) the property.
5. Credit Card or Bank Transfer
If applicable and available, certain Suppliers offer the opportunity for reservations to be paid (wholly or partly and as required under the payment policy of the property) to the Supplier during the reservation process by means of secure online payment (all to the extent offered and supported by your bank). For certain products and services, Rentaloka.com facilitates (through third-party payment processors) the payment of the relevant product or service (i.e. the payment facilitation service) for and on behalf of the Supplier (Rentaloka.com never acts nor operates as the merchant of record). Payment is safely processed from your credit/debit card or bank account to the bank account of the accommodations provider through a third-party payment processor. Any payment facilitated by us for and on behalf of, and transferred to the Supplier will in each case constitute a payment of (part of) the booking price by you of the relevant product or service in final settlement (“bevrijdende betaling”) of such (partial) due and payable price and you cannot reclaim such paid monies.
For certain rates or special offers, please note that your credit card may be pre-authorized or charged (sometimes without any option for refund) upon reservation and confirmation of the booking. Please check the room details thoroughly for any such conditions prior to making your reservation.
In the event of credit card fraud or unauthorized use of your credit card by third parties, most banks and credit card companies bear the risk and cover all the charges resulting from such fraud or misuse, which may sometimes be subject to a deductible (usually set at EUR 50 (or the equivalent in your local currency)). In the event that your credit card company or bank charges you the deductible because of unauthorized transactions resulting from a reservation made on our Platform, we will pay you this deductible, up to an aggregate amount of EUR 50 (or the equivalent in your local currency). In order to be indemnified, please make sure that you report this fraud to your credit card provider (in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures) and contact us immediately by email (customer.relations@Rentaloka.com). Please state ‘credit card fraud’ in the subject line of your email and provide us with evidence of the charged deductible (e.g. policy of the credit card company). This indemnification only applies to credit card reservations made using Rentaloka.com’s secure server and the unauthorized use of your credit card resulting through our default or negligence and through no fault of your own while using the secure server.
6. Prepayment, Cancellation, No-shows and The Fine Print
By making a reservation with a Supplier, you accept and agree to the relevant cancellation and no-show policy of that Supplier, and to any additional (delivery) terms and conditions of the Supplier that may apply to your visit or stay (including The Fine Print of the Supplier made available on our Platform and the relevant house rules of the Supplier), including for services rendered and/or products offered by the accommodation provider (the delivery terms and conditions of an accommodation provider can be obtained with the relevant accommodation provider). The general cancellation and no-show policy of each Supplier is made available on our Platform on the Supplier information pages, during the reservation procedure and in the confirmation email or ticket (if applicable). Please note that certain rates or special offers are not eligible for cancellation or change. Applicable city/tourist tax may still be charged by the Supplier in the event of a no-show or charged cancellation. Please check the (reservation) details of your product or service of choice thoroughly for any such conditions prior to making your reservation. Please note that a reservation which requires down payment or (wholly or partly) prepayment may be canceled (without a prior notice of default or warning) insofar the relevant (remaining) amount(s) cannot be collected in full on the relevant payment date in accordance with the relevant payment policy of the Supplier and the reservation. Cancellation and prepayment policies may vary according to room type. Please carefully read The Fine Print (below the room types or at the bottom of each Supplier page on our Platform) and Important Information in your reservation confirmation for additional policies as may be applied by the Supplier (e.g. with respect to age requirement, security deposit, non-cancellation/additional supplements for group bookings, extra beds/no free breakfast, pets/cards accepted). Late payment, wrong bank, debit or credit card details, invalid credit/debit cards or insufficient funds are for your own risk and account and you shall not be entitled to any refund of any (non-refundable) prepaid amount unless the Supplier agrees or allows otherwise under its (pre)payment and cancellation policy.
If you wish to review, adjust or cancel your reservation, please revert to the confirmation email and follow the instructions therein. Please note that you may be charged for your cancellation in accordance with the accommodation provider’s cancellation, (pre)payment and no-show policy or not be entitled to any repayment of any (pre)paid amount. We recommend that you read the cancellation, (pre)payment and no-show policy of the accommodation provider carefully prior to making your reservation and remember to make further payments on time as may be required for the relevant reservation.
If you have a late or delayed arrival on the check-in date or only arrive the next day, make sure to (timely/promptly) communicate this with the Supplier so they know when to expect you to avoid cancellation of your reservation or room or charge of the no-show fee. Our Customer Service department can help you if needed with informing the Supplier. Rentaloka.com does not accept any liability or responsibility for the consequences of your delayed arrival or any cancellation or charged no-show fee by the Supplier.
7. (Further) Correspondence and Communication
By completing a booking, you agree to receive (i) an email which we may send you shortly prior to your arrival date, giving you information on your destination and providing you with certain information and offers (including third party offers to the extent that you have actively opted in for this information) relevant to your reservation and destination, and (ii) an email which we may send to you promptly after your stay inviting you to complete our guest review form. Please see our Privacy and Cookies Policy for more information about how we may contact you.
Rentaloka.com disclaims any liability or responsibility for any communication with the Supplier on or through its platform. You cannot derive any rights from any request to, or communication with the Supplier or (any form of) acknowledgement of receipt of any communication or request. Rentaloka.com cannot guarantee that any request or communication will be (duly and timely) received/read by, complied with, executed or accepted by the Supplier.
In order to duly complete and secure your reservation, you need to use your correct email address. We are not responsible or liable for (and have no obligation to verify) any wrong or misspelled email address or inaccurate or wrong (mobile) phone number or credit card number.
Any claim or complaint against Rentaloka.com or in respect to the Service must be promptly submitted, but in any event within 30 days after the scheduled day of consummation of the product or service (e.g. check-out date). Any claim or complaint that’s submitted after the 30-day period may be rejected, and the claimant shall forfeit their right to any (damage or cost) compensation.
Due to the continuous update and adjustments of rates and availability, we strongly suggest to make screenshots when making a reservation to support your position (if needed).
8. Ranking, Preferred Program, Stars and Guest Reviews
The default setting of the ranking of Suppliers on our Platform is “Recommended” (or any similar wording) (the “Default Ranking”). For your convenience, we also offer other ways to rank the Supplier. Note that the Default Ranking is created through a fully automated ranking system (algorithm) and is based on multiple criteria, which include not only the popularity of a Supplier among our visitors, but also customer service history and certain booking-related data (number of bookings, cancellations, conversion rate, etc). On-time payment of commission by a Supplier and the commission percentage are also included in the algorithm; however, they are two of the several (but definitely not leading) factors in the Default Ranking.
In certain cities and regions, Rentaloka.com operates a preferred partnership program, allowing certain Suppliers that meet and maintain the preferred program terms to be listed ahead of the rest of the Suppliers in the default “Recommended” ranking for the relevant city/region. The preferred Suppliers are marked with a “thumbs-up” symbol and in return for this high ranking, the preferred Supplier pays a higher commission. Only Suppliers that meet and maintain certain qualification criteria can be listed as preferred.
The stars used for non-hotel accommodations (e.g. bed & breakfasts) do not correspond to the star ranking system as may be applicable to hotel accommodations.
The completed guest review may be (a) uploaded onto the relevant Supplier’s information page on our Platform for the sole purpose of informing (future) customers of your opinion of the service (level) and quality of the Supplier, and (b) (wholly or partly) used and placed by Rentaloka.com at its sole discretion (e.g. for marketing, promotion or improvement of our service) on our Platform or such social media platforms, newsletters, special promotions, apps or other channels owned, hosted, used or controlled by Rentaloka.com. We reserve the right to adjust, refuse or remove reviews at our sole discretion. The guest review form should be regarded as a survey and does not include any (further commercial) offers, invitations or incentives whatsoever.
Subject to the limitations set out in these terms and conditions and to the extent permitted by law, we shall only be liable for direct damages actually suffered, paid or incurred by you due to an attributable shortcoming of our obligations in respect to our services, up to an aggregate amount of the aggregate cost of your reservation as set out in the confirmation email (whether for one event or series of connected events).
However and to the extent permitted by law, neither we nor any of our officers, directors, employees, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, distributors, affiliate (distribution) partners, licensees, agents or others involved in creating, sponsoring, promoting, or otherwise making available the site and its contents shall be liable for (i) any punitive, special, indirect or consequential loss or damages, any loss of production, loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of contract, loss of or damage to goodwill or reputation, loss of claim, (ii) any inaccuracy relating to the (descriptive) information (including rates, availability and ratings) of the Supplier as made available on our Platform, (iii) the services rendered or the products offered by the Supplier or other business partners, (iv) any (direct, indirect, consequential or punitive) damages, losses or costs suffered, incurred or paid by you, pursuant to, arising out of or in connection with the use, inability to use or delay of our Platform, or (v) any (personal) injury, death, property damage, or other (direct, indirect, special, consequential or punitive) damages, losses or costs suffered, incurred or paid by you, whether due to (legal) acts, errors, breaches, (gross) negligence, willful misconduct, omissions, non-performance, misrepresentations, tort or strict liability by or (wholly or partly) attributable to the Supplier or any of our other business partners (including any of their employees, directors, officers, agents, representatives or affiliated companies) whose products or service are (directly or indirectly) made available, offered or promoted on or through the Platform, including any (partial) cancellation, overbooking, strike, force majeure or any other event beyond our control.
Whether or not the Supplier has charged you for your room, product or service, or if we are facilitating the payment of the (room/reservation) price, you agree and acknowledge that the Supplier is at all times responsible for the collection, withholding, remittance and payment of the applicable taxes due on the total amount of the (room/reservation) price to the relevant tax authorities. Rentaloka.com is not liable or responsible for the remittance, collection, withholding or payment of the relevant taxes due on the (room/reservation) price to the relevant tax authorities. Rentaloka.com does not act as the merchant of record for any product or service made available on the Platform.
By uploading photos/images onto our system (for instance in addition to a review) you certify, warrant and agree that you own the copyright to the photos/images and that you agree that Rentaloka.com may use the uploaded photos/images on its (mobile) website and app, and in (online/offline) promotional materials and publications and as Rentaloka.com at its discretion sees fit. You are granting Rentaloka.com a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, unconditional, perpetual right and license to use, reproduce, display, have reproduced, distribute, sublicense, communicate and make available the photos/images as Rentaloka.com at its discretion sees fit. By uploading these photos/images the person uploading the picture(s) accepts full legal and moral responsibility of any and all legal claims that are made by any third parties (including, but not limited to, property owners) due to Rentaloka.com publishing and using these photos/images. Rentaloka.com does not own or endorse the photos/images that are uploaded. The truthfulness, validity and right to use of all photos/images is assumed by the person who uploaded the photo, and is not the responsibility of Rentaloka.com. Rentaloka.com disclaims all responsibility and liability for the pictures posted. The person who uploaded the photo warrants that the photos/images shall not contain any viruses, Trojan horses or infected files and shall not contain any pornographic, illegal, obscene, insulting, objectionable or inappropriate material and does not infringe any third party (intellectual property right, copyright or privacy) rights. Any photo/image that does not meet the aforesaid criteria will not be posted and/or can be removed/deleted by Rentaloka.com at any time and without prior notice.
10. Intellectual Property Rights
Unless stated otherwise, the software required for our services or available on or used by our Platform and the intellectual property rights (including the copyrights) of the contents and information of and material on our Platform are owned by Rentaloka.com B.V., its suppliers or providers.
Rentaloka.com exclusively retains ownership of all rights, title and interest in and to (all intellectual property rights of) (the look and feel (including infrastructure) of) the Platform on which the service is made available (including the guest reviews and translated content) and you are not entitled to copy, scrape, (hyper-/deep)link to, publish, promote, market, integrate, utilize, combine or otherwise use the content (including any translations thereof and the guest reviews) or our brand without our express written permission. To the extent that you would (wholly or partly) use or combine our (translated) content (including guest reviews) or would otherwise own any intellectual property rights in the Platform or any (translated) content or guest reviews, you hereby assign, transfer and set over all such intellectual property rights to Rentaloka.com. Any unlawful use or any of the aforementioned actions or behaviour will constitute a material infringement of our intellectual property rights (including copyright and database right).
To the extent permitted by law, these terms and conditions and the provision of our services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Dutch law and any dispute arising out of these general terms and conditions and our services shall exclusively be submitted to the competent courts in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
The original UK English version of these Terms and Conditions may have been translated into other languages. The translated version is a courtesy and office translation only and you cannot derive any rights from the translated version. In the event of a dispute about the contents or interpretation of these terms and conditions or inconsistency or discrepancy between the UK English version and any other language version of these terms and conditions, the UK English language version to the extent permitted by law shall apply, prevail and be conclusive. The UK English version is available on our Platform (by selecting “English (UK)” language) or shall be sent to you upon your written request.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes invalid, unenforceable or non-binding, you shall remain bound by all other provisions hereof. In such event, such invalid provision shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and you will at least agree to accept a similar effect as the invalid, unenforceable or non-binding provision, given the contents and purpose of these terms and conditions.
12. About Rentaloka.com and the support companies
The online reservation service is rendered by Rentaloka.com B.V., which is a private limited liability company, incorporated under the laws of the Netherlands and having its offices at Herengracht 597, 1017 CE Amsterdam, the Netherlands and registered with the trade register of the Chamber of Commerce in Amsterdam under registration number 31047344. Our VAT registration number is NL805734958B01.
Rentaloka.com has its headquarters in Amsterdam, the Netherlands and is supported by various affiliated group companies (the “support companies”) throughout the world. The support companies only provide an internal supporting role to and for the benefit of Rentaloka.com. Certain designated support companies render limited customer care support services (only by telephone). The support companies do not have any Platform (and do not in any way control, manage, maintain or host the Platform). The support companies do not have any power or authority to render the service, to represent Rentaloka.com or to enter into any contract in the name of, for or on behalf of Rentaloka.com. You do not have a (legal or contractual) relationship with the support companies. The support companies do not operate and are not authorized to act as any form of process or service agent of Rentaloka.com. Rentaloka.com does not accept nor assume any domicile at any place, location or office in the world (also not at the office of its support companies), other than its registered office in Amsterdam.